As I continue my education, there is a lot that I have learned about what it means to be a teacher. With that being said there is still a lot that I need to learn. My teaching philosophy, for now, it going to look like a list of things I believe are most important to me as an educator. Some of these may change over time, and I’m sure that plenty will be added as I continue my journey, but these things are what I believe teaching is all about:
- I believe that ALL students should have the right to quality education
- I believe that a teacher is never finished learning
- I believe that students should be given a voice in what they are being taught
- I believe schools should be a safe place for students. That we should strive to be inclusive, and not tolerate bullying in any form.
- I believe that over everything else, relationships are #1